The Minnehaha Food Shelf is open every Tuesday from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. It's located at Minnehaha United Methodist Church: 3701 East 50th Street, Minneapolis. Click right HERE to see a Google map.
Volunteer at the Food Shelf
If you have some free time on Tuesday mornings, consider volunteering your time at the Minnehaha Food Shelf. We can always use help to set up, check in visitors, and distribute food throughout the day.
Give to the Food Shelf
Your gift of non-perishable food, personal care items and/or money, will help us combat food insecurity in Minneapolis. Drop-off boxes are located at these three churches: Lake Nokomis Lutheran Church, St. James Episcopal Church, and Minnehaha United Methodist Church. Did you know:
• 49 million Americans, including more than 13 million children, live in households that don't have consistent access to nutritious food
• 10% of Minnesota households are affected by hunger
• More than 5 million senior citizens 60 and older face hunger
Donate to the Minnehaha Food Shelf
Your financial support is vital to the success of the Food Shelf. Click the button below to donate. Thank you.
One in 10 Minnesotans — or more than 500,000 state residents — are food insecure on a regular basis
We Work With Second Harvest Heartland
Second Harvest Heartland’s mission is to end hunger through community partnerships.
Working closely with their network of partners, volunteers and donors and people like you, their aim is to efficiently and effectively end hunger.
With close relationships, community ties and dedicated partners, we can beat hunger if we keep striving to:
• Provide nutritious and culturally diverse foods to people in need
• Advocate for local and national hunger relief programs and policies
• Educate people about nutrition and other food-related issues
If you have questions or would like additional information, click on the Contact Us tab above. Thank you.