We seek to provide people with opportunities to know God; to experience God's abounding love, and with Christ as our guide, to fellowship with others as we seek, serve, and celebrate. Through our programs, people will explore what it means to be a child of God, and how we might live in such a way that others will come to know Christ.
We Meet Every Sunday
Sunday Morning Worship
On Sunday mornings, we encourage you to worship with us as a family. We offer two services, at 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
Faith Formation Time
Our Faith Formation Hour is from 10:15 – 11:00 a.m. Classes for youth and all ages are held throughout the church.
Our youth meet every Sunday evening from 6:00 – 7:30 PM
• 6th – 7th graders meet with Lani Thompson
• 8th – 9th graders meet with Pastor Becky for confirmation
• 10th – 12th graders meet with Kate Stower
January Youth Events
January 10 – Food Shelf Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser: Youth will be running the all new Coat Check system for the Food Shelf fundraiser to help the busy night run smoothly and efficiently. We will be turning the coat room into a official coat check from 4:30-7:30pm. Youth do not need to volunteer for the entire time! We are hoping to have enough youth to have everyone to take turns for 30-60 minutes before or after they eat.
• Newest edition of Youth News will be shown at both worship services.
• No evening Confirmation classes – MLK jr. Weekend.
• Youth Council meeting @ Noon. January 21 – Youth Night: Bakers Square Outing: The youth voted and decided they would like one very laid back youth night where we will all go out to eat and just enjoy some fellowship time together. We will be gathering at the church at 3pm and driving over to Bakers Square in Highland Park, and will be back at 6pm. No set dollar amount as some youth have expressed interest in having dinner, while others would just like some pie, so please just make sure they have enough to cover what they would like to eat. January 26 – 28: Winter Retreat Weekend! All Ages welcome - Grab a form at Minnehaha next time you are there, or click here and sign-up today! Please let me know as soon as possible if your Youth will be attending without a parent or guardian so we have proper transportation set up for them in advance.
February Youth Events
January 4 – Super Bowl "Subs for Scholarships" Sunday: Youth will be meeting in the church kitchen at 8:30am to prepare sub sandwiches that will be for sale after both services. Proceeds will go to help youth camps and scholarships, so please stop by the Narthex after worship and pick up the family some sub sandwiches for lunch! *No evening Confirmation classes – Enjoy the Game!
A Quick Look Into the Future
Feb. 11 – Camp Sunday: Youth Bake Sale/ Giving out Hugs after 1st service Youth night: Snack Crates! Feb. 13 – Youth celebrating Fat Tuesday Feb. 14 – Ash Wednesday dinner and service Feb. 18 – President’s Day weekend – No Confirmation Feb. 24 – Minneharvest - Youth Volunteering Feb. 25 – Confirmation: Youth News/Making Good decisions Mar. 3 – Church Auction: Youth serve lunch
Thoughts on a Minnehaha Youth Ensemble:
Over the past year, staff and other interested Minnehaha-ites have been strategizing about how to build our music ministries to include more organized opportunities for youth. We're still very much in the brainstorming/recruiting phases of this process, and are hoping to get something solidly in place for the 2018-2019 program year. If you are interested in helping - with strategizing and/or implementing - please let me or Jenia know, we'd love to have your help! In the meanwhile, with Wednesday night dinners and Children's Programming already in place, we've thrown around the idea of having a Youth Ensemble (vocal and/or instrumental) rehearse concurrently, as some families with youth also have children who are participating in Children's Programming so they'll already be here. If we were to do this for this year, it would be focused on preparing pieces for two events: the Easter Sunrise Service (on Sunday, April 1st) and for Baccalaureate Sunday (on June 3rd). Before putting too much energy into getting this up and going, we wanted to gauge interest. Could you please let me or Jenia know if your youth would be interested in/able to participate in a Youth Ensemble (vocal and/or instrumental) that would meet on Wednesdays this winter from 6:15-7:00pm.
Youth Ministries Questions?
If you have questions about any of our programming, please contact Lani Thompson, Coordinator of Youth Ministries, at 612.721.6231